ORIGINAL STORMTROOPER [HERO]
Andrew the original maker says….
"If I lower the brow over the blister eyes, then he really starts to look even more sinister.` After Andrew had made 50 helmets that were used by the stunt actors, John Mollo asked for 6 extra ones for the close-up shots with the Hero’s."
[HERO] (Signature Edition)
Our Hero Helmet is cast from the original 1976 moulds, the original range is the most accurate replica of the on-screen stormtroopers. The Hero helmet was used by the leading actors and incorporates a number of distinct facial characteristics.
- Genuine Made by the original maker SDS
- Authentic made in the same studio as the originals
- Quality Handmade by specialist prop makers just like the originals
- Hand Painted - small frown/mouth/ears
- Lowered Brow Trim
- Blister/Bubble Eye Lenses
- Thin Decals (not cheap thick printed vinyl)
- Single Ear Screw
- Supplied with display stand and brushed metal plaque
- Signed by the original maker, Andrew Ainsworth
- Certificate of Authenticity and serial numbered
- Made with white 2 mm Acrylic Capped ABS to match the original 1976 film colour tones.
[IN THE BOX]
- Hero Helmet (Signature Addition)
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Display Stand with a serial numbered plaque
- Box Dimensions 33cm x 33cm x 33cm
[DID YOU KNOW]
One of the lesser understood facts with the Helmets is that they are not symmetrical… Back when Andrew made the mouldings there was no CNC machines or AUTO CAD, even Velcro was a new idea, it's amazing how anything got done back then. The original mould of the helmet is a two-part handmade mould and when Andrew first made the moulds they did not fit together, Because Andrew literally had 2 days before the helmets were needed to be completed, he shaved off one side until the moulds fitted together, and there it is the unsymmetrical helmet was born…
Got my helmet finally after wanting one since I was a kid, thanks guys its awesome! Great quality and looks awesome displayed in my room when not wearing it - will be rocking it at Comic Con this year! - now saving up for the rest of the armour!Thanks again.
Pete Morrish | Newport | January 2014created_date-year]
Showing 6 to 6 (6). Page 2 of 2.
|Size||Once size fits all|
|Material||White 2 mm Acrylic Capped ABS|
|Signed by Andrew Ainsworth||YES|
|Added Option||Display Case|